An interesting article posted this week in the Daily Mail, relating to a little know rule whereby if you have a player who goes onto play adult football and subsequently makes a transfer to a club abroad, the player’s Grassroots club are entitled to a cut of the fee paid!
The highlights of the article are:
- Grassroots clubs entitled to payment when former player transfers abroad
- Club must apply for the payment within 18 months of the deal taking place
- Payment depends on length of time registered between age of 12 and 23
- Wallsend Boys Club receive payment when Fraser Forster joined Southampton from Celtic for £10million last summer
- Chairman Steve Dale believes millions could be going unclaimed by clubs
The full article can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.
Take a look and then dust off your old player archive…you just never know!