Due to the success in the recruitment drive of Referees registering for the NWYFL last season, the League are pleased to announce they will once again be subsidizing course fees. This opportunity to open to anyone who wishes to take one of the Basic Referee courses listed below, though please note that once trained, the Referee will need to complete a minimum of 7 competitive matches (U12-U18) before the end of the season to claim the rebate. The total sum which can be claimed is 40%.
In addition, the League would like to also announce the Refer a Referee incentive. If you know of someone who maybe interested in becoming a referee, recommend this offer and subject to them completing the course and minimum number of matches, the referrer will receive either £7 if the Referee is 17 and under, or £10 for a referee 18 and over.
The NWYFL have also expanded the reach of this offer to include FA courses run by Gloucester, Berks and Bucks and Oxfordshire in order to help improve coverage of clubs at the furthest boarders of our catchment area.
For all enquiries or to take up either offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The offer is restricted to the dates and locations below:
Wilts County FA Course
- 16th September – held at Melksham Town FC
- 30th October – held at Beversbrook, Calne
- 24th November – held at Lydiard Park Academy, Swindon
The Wilts FA are currently advertising course fees at £115. All course enrollments are managed by the Wilts FA, not the NWYFL. To book a course or find out more, click here http://www.wiltshirefa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course#available-dates
Gloucester County FA Course
There are currently no advertised dates for the Gloucester FA. As soon as we receive them, this page will be updated. Course which run until the end of September will be considered eligible for this offer.
The Gloucester FA are currently advertising course fees at £148. All course enrollments are managed by the Gloucs FA, not the NWYFL. To book a course or find out more, click here http://www.gloucestershirefa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course
Oxford County FA Course
- 16th August – held at The Oxford Academy
- 31st August – held at The Oxford Academy
- 21st September – held at West Witney Sports
The Oxford FA are currently advertising course fees at £150. All course enrollments are managed by the Oxfordshire FA, not the NWYFL. To book a course or find out more, click here http://www.oxfordshirefa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course
Berks & Bucks FA Course
- 7th August – held at Piggott School
- 5th September – held at Langley Academy
The B&B FA are currently advertising course fees at £145. All course enrollments are managed by the Berks & Bucks FA, not the NWYFL. To book a course or find out more, click here http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/referees/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course
Conditions of offer:
- Rebates to newly qualified referees is capped at 40% of the course fee.
- Newly qualified officials will be required to complete 7 competitive NWYFL fixtures before being eligible for the rebate.
- In the absence of a competitive match, a referee may be assigned to a mini soccer match to ensure continual building of experience whilst waiting for a competitive match to become available. This assignment will not count towards the 7 fixtures condition, but are still payable matches.
- Referees can begin officiating matches upon completion of the initial training course, but must complete pass the final exam before the rebate is made.
- To be eligible for the Refer a Referee rebate, the official attending the course must confirm the name of the referrer.
- Only 1 person can refer a single referee (i.e. 2 people cannot claim for the same person taking the course).
- There are no limits on how many referrals can be made by a single person (i.e. a single referrer can claim against several referees who successfully take the course and complete the obligations).
- The rebates for Refer a Referee are only paid once the conditions which apply to the Referee (must complete the course, take a minimum 7 matches for the NWYFL and pass the exam) are complete.
- Rebates will not be paid for either incentive should the referee not complete the stipulations above.
- All payments will be made within 5-10 days of completing all conditions.