Unfortunately, unlike previous seasons the League are unable to supply each team with 2 match balls for the 2015 / 2016 season.
Therefore to ensure that standards are maintained and that all teams provide suitable match balls for a game the League rules for this season have been updated. The rules now say:
The home team must provide at least two footballs fit for play and the referee shall make a report to the Competition if the footballs are unsuitable.
The ball must be age appropriate:
- A size 3 ball will be used for age groups U7 to U9.
- A size 4 ball will be used for age groups U10 to U14.
- A size 5 ball will be used for all other age groups.
The ball must conform to the requirements of ‘Law 2: The Ball’ and should carry one of the following logos
- the official “FIFA APPROVED” logo
- the official “FIFA INSPECTED” logo
- the “INTERNATIONAL MATCHBALL STANDARD” logo
Each Club are free to choose the make, model and preferred supplier of their match balls.
To help clubs, here is a useful link for your reference showing a number of different models of match ball: