The 1st Round of the NWYFL Cup U13 age group, sponsored by Your Sport Swindon is now ready to be published. The draw took place at the same time as the Preliminary Round and was conducted by YSS CEO, Steve Butt. The League wishes to again thank Steve for his time.
These matches will take place on Sunday 23rd September. Should any time wish to amend their kick off time, please do so by Wednesday 12th September.
General information concerning the draw & competition.
- All matches will be completed on the day, with extra time and penalties available should teams not be separated after normal time. There are no replays.
- Extra time is 10 minutes each way, regardless of age group.
- The League Cup incorporates the Mercy Rule – which means at any time during the match, if one side is losing by an 8 goal deficit (or greater), they can forfeit the remainder of the playing time without facing penalty. The match score will be recorded at the time the match concludes. Should the 2 teams wish to play out a friendly fixture with the remaining time (maybe mixing the teams, agreeing certain rules that help the development of both sides) then the referee will be required to stay for the remaining time (if the Mercy rule is implemented at 30 minutes of a 60 minute match, the ref will stay for the remaining 30 minutes of the friendly fixture). This rule is to discourage teams from forfeiting before playing the fixture and also give coaches the opportunity to be creative with the remaining playing time.
- In the event that a NWYFL match official is not appointed, the home side will be required to provide one.
- The away team are responsible for paying the referee costs, as the home side will cover pitch hire. The away team will be required to contact the referee to confirm costs, the home team will contact the referee to confirm KO and location.