The draw for the Preliminary Round of the NWYFL Cup U13 age group has now been completed. This year the competition has been sponsored by Your Sport Swindon and the NWYFL are grateful to YSS Executive Steve Butt, who made time to conduct the draw today.
Details concerning which match of this round will be exclusively covered by YSS, will be confirmed shortly.
Preliminary Round matches will take place on Sunday 9th September.
General information concerning the draw & competition.
- The Preliminary Round for the U13’s is required due to the number of teams (42) competing at this age group
- The Preliminary Round is seeded with participants only from Division 3 & 4. All other teams at this age group will play a league fixture on Sept 9th.
- The Full Time system will not copy the standard League kick off times therefore all matches default to 10:30am. All coaches are required to contact the league a change in kick off time is required. The deadline for doing so is 2 weeks before the match is due to start, but coaches are urged to make contact as soon as possible.
- All matches will be completed on the day, with extra time and penalties available should teams not be separated after normal time. There are no replays.
- Extra time is 10 minutes each way, regardless of age group.
- The League Cup incorporates the Mercy Rule – which means at any time during the match, if one side is losing by an 8 goal deficit (or greater), they can forfeit the remainder of the playing time without facing penalty. The match score will be recorded at the time the match concludes. Should the 2 teams wish to play out a friendly fixture with the remaining time (maybe mixing the teams, agreeing certain rules that help the development of both sides) then the referee will be required to stay for the remaining time (if the Mercy rule is implemented at 30 minutes of a 60 minute match, the ref will stay for the remaining 30 minutes of the friendly fixture). This rule is to discourage teams from forfeiting before playing the fixture and also give coaches the opportunity to be creative with the remaining playing time.
- In the event that a NWYFL match official is not appointed, the home side will be required to provide one.
- The away team are responsible for paying the referee costs, as the home side will cover pitch hire. The away team will be required to contact the referee to confirm costs, the home team will contact the referee to confirm KO and location.